Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Journey is an early stage insurtech company building new insurance and fleet management solutions for the car sharing economy. We just completed a fundraising round with some of the top financial and strategic investors in the space. Although still pre-launch, we have signed customer agreements and expect to launch pilots with some of the top travel sites in the world, starting in Q3.
We are looking for an experienced backend engineers to transform our functional POC into a full scale, long lived micro service platform.
You will be one of the first engineers on a new engineering team. The is an amazing opportunity to build a system from scratch. You will work with your fellow engineers to determine the long term technical choices of a new startup.
- Retrofit existing POC monolith to scalable robust micro service oriented system
- Design and build new features and products
- Influence adoption of engineering best practices and tools for a brand new engineering team
- Probably some SRE responsibilities
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience building applications and services from top to bottom. (Schema all the way to CSS.)
- Experience with micro service architecture
- Experience with multiple programming languages
Tools we use
- The rest is TBD, we'd really like you to be part of the decision making process
- Opportunity to shape a very early stage company with broad involvement and influence across functions
- Entrepreneurial environment with a diverse and collaborative culture
- Full health benefits, including medical, vision and dental
- Catered lunches
- Commuter benefits
- Gym subsidy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Creative office space
To apply to this position submit your resume and cover letter (optional) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Journey is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from a diverse variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Journey does not discriminate on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.